A capstan is a type of device commonly used on ship deck or on the shore to tighten or loosen ropes or cables during anchoring and mooring a ship. There are generally mooring capstans, anchor capstans, electric capstans, hydraulic capstans, vertical capstans, horizontal capstans etc. Unlike modern winches, which have cable or rope mounted on a drum, the capstan winch does not hold the entire length of rope or cable but instead acts as an intermediary between one end of the rope or cable and the other, the drum just winds the rope or cable but not store it. Its pull and load are generally in the range of 0.5t – 25T.
The main parts of capstans include clutch control knob, drum cover, drum, brake band, windlass brake handle, wildcat, drum controller handle, electric motor, reducer, etc.
Types of Sinma Capstans
Performance of Capstans
- Capstans should be able to work continuously for 30min with nominal speed under the circumstance with mooring force and load;
- Mooring load should not be 33% greater than the designed rope breaking load;
- The control brake device should be able to bear 1.5 times of mooring load.
Design and Structure of Capstans Supplied by Sinma
- The capstans from Sinma have good lubrication system, the oiling points are obvious and easy to see, or they have marks if they are not easy to see;
- They are equipped with automatic control brake device, and they are able to bear 1.5 times of mooring load;
- The capstans can reverse and the mooring speed can be regulated according to needs;
- The appearance of the drum and the diameter of it comply with the relevant standards, like the rules of GB 7390,
- Protection device will be set if some mechanical parts of the capstans cannot bear the locked rotor load (or the maximum load) of the prime mover;
- Mechanism used for preventing the drum reversal will be set for the capstans with manpower driving mechanism.
In a word, the capstans designed and produced by Sinma are with good quality and performance, which can ensure the effective work for you. The capstans prices and other detailed information are available for you anytime as you need.
Interested in our capstans? or want the best prices?
Tips on Installing Capstans
- The capstans should be installed by professional persons with operation experience;
- Reducer, meshing gear and working parts should be lubricated to keep their effective work;
- Make sure the wiring is correct and no-load operation should be carried out twice for 5min;
- Check all the parts during the installation to ensure that all of them are installed correctly and can function safely and effectively.
How do capstans work? What are capstans used for? If you have these questions and want to know more about capstans for sale, just contact us and we have the products you want here.
|Type||Warping load (KN）||Warping speed(m/min）||Wire Dia(mm)||Motor power (kw)|
Please feel free to send inquiry or email to us.
(Fields marked by an asterisk (*) are required fields.)